Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet A8 storage issue disk full with unknown content

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 02:23 PM)
MaartenBXL
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

My new tablet is filling up the disk and I can't see what is the root cause.  I already checked my documents and other folders via the file manager but I can't find the reason. The issue is the space used by overige

19 REPLIES 19
Rodrigo_Sousa
First Poster
Options

Hello, i have the same problem.

I just bought the A8 Tablet 2 days ago. Yesterday it was already with 16GB of files on "Other". I did the wipe cache partition and the recover/restore apps. Nothing worked. I also did the reset to factory. Which worked... for some hours...

After using the tablet again for a few hours, i already have 6GB of info on the "Other"... Nothing works, not even trying to search for hidden folders/files on DiskUsage from Google.

Have you found a solution?

Tunix
First Poster
Options

Also me I have the same problem: only a few standard apps installed and storage is filled up with "other". And there is no possibility to find out what is "other". Samsung support just told me to get more memory ... 

If anyone knows a solution please post here.

Thanks!

adakaya
Student
Options

I have the same problem with tab a8 definitly something is wrong i tried factory reset but nope still hapening

0 Likes
handicraftsman
Student
Options

Yes, have the same issue after approximately a week, cannot do factory reset due to having duo mobile. Samsung members support only sends default pre-written replies.

Nisei
Explorer
Options

Same problem here.I have the 4/64GB model and "Other" occupies 40GB and I constantly get warnings about storage being full. Wiping cache doesn't help and apps like Drives can't see it either. This is definitely a bug. Does anyone know if this tablet will get Android 12 any time soon?

Peteok
First Poster
Options

For me resetting/emptying (going back to factory settings) the tablet seems to have worked.

0 Likes
Members_1Lv2Azr
First Poster
Options

It seems that last update fixed the issue :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Laura154
First Poster
Options

This! This has happened to me too. I have removed the 2 apps I have downloaded and the other is at 50GB and the system storage is 13GB leaving me 2GB for EVERYTHING else. I do not even have enough storage to do the latest software update...I have 2 of these tablets absolutely useless and not fit for purpose. I even got 128GB sd card but nothing is compatible to be transferred on it. I have no photos, videos etc. Both tablets the same I can't even use them anymore. HELP!

0 Likes
MaartenBXL
Journeyman
Options

a full reset without migration of apps solved it on my tablet. very annoying!

0 Likes
luoilb
First Poster
Options

Sadly, this is one of the most common issues on Android devices in which the Android OS always require more storage for an basic app. Things become worse since it is used by 3rd party like Samsung which put more payload for both Samsung apps and Google apps. 

I think the best solution is to sell my Galaxy tab and search for an Ipad, even a used Ipad is still better than a brand-new Galaxy tab, sadly.  

Too bad for Samsung Galaxy Tab and Android.

0 Likes