Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S9 Ultra OneUI 6

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 06:06 PM)
sambooton93
Journeyman
Options
Apparently the update came out a day or two ago, but my device won't detect it. Any ideas why? Bought from Samsung directly via trade in, not tied to a network. 

1TB WiFi model. 

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8
keith30
Maestro
Options
The software updates come out in batches so not everybody gets them straight away. To be honest android 14 isn't much to shout about.
NaughtyButNice69
Pathfinder
Options
Yes mate I have the WiFi S9, after doing some searching of the firmware lists on sammobile, it's just the 5g versions of the S9 series it's available for currently in Europe. This is always the case with software updates wifi only versions get it later than the 5g models.
sambooton93
Journeyman
Options
Thanks both for your replies!

I've beta tested iOS for years (iOS 6+) and got fed up of the lack of innovation and restrictions. I suppose to me it's weird software doesn't come out all at once like Apple do, but it's a small pay off for the advantages of Android!

Had it for my S23 Ultra and much prefer the Quick Access panel!

Guess it's just a waiting game now then!
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @keith30 has said, there isn't a great difference between Android 13 and 14 and certainly not worth losing sleep over waiting for it.

Samsung are getting much better at rolling out updates and software and it is seen to be less buggy than iOS but I've never had a green fruit phone so couldn't say myself.

Hope you are enjoying your S9 Ultra 👌
sambooton93
Journeyman
Options
No there's not tbf, but I do like the new look OneUI 6 has brought in on some elements and I do quite like having the latest and greatest stuff being a techie 😁

They are, I have always dipped in and out of Android and it used to be bad for updates. Far better now, along with other things making me finally jump ship! Only real thing I miss from my iPhone is my watch, the phone lately has become buggier and less interesting features each year being launched.

I love the Samsung devices! Not looking back like I once used to 😁👍🏻
Whattttt
Pathfinder
Options
The update will take time to go to all devices. You should get it by end of November or start of December
NaughtyButNice69
Pathfinder
Options
Hi I've just got the one ui 6 for my wifi version yours should be through today if not already.
sambooton93
Journeyman
Options
Just got mine this morning too! 😁
0 Likes