Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 - unmount external usb.

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 05:09 PM)
Members_X76uPQi
Student
Options

Having looking at the photos on the SD card from my DLSR camera with a USB-mounted card reader plugged into my new Tab S8, I found that unmounting the USB required me to restart the tablet after a safety warning.

I could not trace any appropriate guidance in the user manual. I found the answer after some digging around:

Open the 'My Files' app, look on the left for confirmation that the external USB SD card is shown, tap on that section, then go to the three dots at the top right. This gives the unmount option.

I hope this will be covered in the next update of the user manual.

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, great tip 👍
Defraybo
First Poster
Options
There's no "unmount" option if I follow your suggestion on my tab s6
0 Likes
Knobby2
First Poster
Options
Not on tab s5
0 Likes
tommie1
First Poster
Options

The same  to me !.  (digging around to find a way to remove the USB safely) .Very annoying because I also did exactly :Open the 'My Files' app, look on the left for confirmation that the external USB SD card is shown, tap on that section, then go to the three dots at the top right. Then , see "remove" and tap on this option.

Then I removed the USB  but now the warning message appeared  s.t like this :that i have not safely removed the USB and advise  to restart the tablet .. Quite  every time that I unmount the USB ..., so very frustrating  and I doubted whether I did it correctly !?  till i read your meassage above. Thus  I will  just ignore the warning : restart the tablet .🤔

0 Likes