Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s7 navigation bar always sitting right and not centre on home screen

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 10:55 AM)
Bwillg
Navigator
Options
Since the uodate that brought the taskbar to the tab s7, which I have to say I love makes life so much easier.
But I have noticed that now when on homescreen the navigation bar is still sitting to right side of screen instead of returning to centre. 
Has anyone else noticed this? Or have I just missed a setting?

22 REPLIES 22
SoiDisant8512
First Poster
Options

Not on my S6Tab. Even after disabling the stupid taskbar I still can't re-center the navigation bar. The ONLY options are "left" and "right"...

Do they (developers) think that their tablets are SO huge that we have difficulty manipulating a centered navigation bar? That's stupid! I think the new left and right positioning is to support the new feature of the App Windows. The navigation bar WOULD be centered below one of the App Windows WERE you to be using them...🙄... However if that's not something you CHOOSE to use or at least not ALL the time, the annoying far left and right navigation bar positioning looks and FEELS really stupid...🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

BarryD9545
First Poster
Options

Solution as stated previusly works.

Settings
Display
Navigation Bar (CANNOT adjust TaskBar Here)
Looking For Something Else | Task Bar
Turn Off Task Bar
Back
Navigation Bar
Button Postion | Center (which will now show up)

Happy Navigating.

Bwillg
Navigator
Options
This solution only works though if you do not want to use the task bar. As the bug is present only when task bar in use
F1nchy
Student
Options
Yeah, really annoying, I much prefer it at the centre, why change it and not even give the option to choose it, dumb decision
0 Likes
F1nchy
Student
Options
Same on my s6. The only option similar is to change to swipe gestures and have the swipe points in the place the buttons used to be. Because of muscle memory that seems to be better for me than having the tiny the buttons now on the right
0 Likes
EricOlthwaite
First Poster
Options
Had this same issue (navigation bar symbols were either left or right, and very close together). Fix for me was to use tablet in landscape then go into navigation bar setting and the "centre" option re-appeared.
Hope that helps
0 Likes
Mfink1954
Student
Options

Mine is the same on any screen. They are on the right not centered. I preferred them in the center. The settings only let you pick left or right. Has anyone figured our how to put them back in the center?

0 Likes
Mfink1954
Student
Options

I don't have an option to disable it

0 Likes
Mfink1954
Student
Options

Thank you so much!!!!

0 Likes
American Ambition