Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab S6 UI4.1 Yellow Profile Icon on lock screen

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 10:55 PM)
Colm Farrell
Apprentice
Options

I've just updated my Tab S6 to Android 12 UI4.1. 

I now get a yellow profile icon on the lock screen. If I tap on it, it expands to show my name and nothing else. Swiping or press and hold on it does nothing.

What's it for?

Most importantly, how do I get rid of it. I don't want my name visible on the lock screen (I consider it a privacy issue...anyone could identify the owner from it) and it just looks ugly 😉

Screenshot_20220524-224748_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I had this on my Tab S7 which I've now sold but from what I remember, there is an option in settings under accounts to add multiple users and also remove them.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That's weird, it's not stock Android 12 behaviour, it must be One UI 4.1 related. I can't find anything on my stock Android phone to show account info there. Check in settings, lock screen, widgets and see what is enabled there though.
0 Likes
Colm Farrell
Apprentice
Options

Only weather and next alarm set in widgets. Turning them off doesn't remove it.

0 Likes
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I had this on my Tab S7 which I've now sold but from what I remember, there is an option in settings under accounts to add multiple users and also remove them.
Colm Farrell
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! That was it. I had only 1 user. But there is an option under accounts for "users" with can be turned on or off. Turning it off solved the problem.

Thank you!