Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab keeps disconnecting:

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 11:47 AM)
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi all.

Why does my Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 keep disconnecting from the Internet? Why doesn't it not stay connected - my phone does but not the Tab A8?

Thanks 
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
galaxy tablet
First Poster
Options
 I have had a problem with 2 Samsung Galaxy tablets, the A7 and the A8,  sporadically dropping connection in the evening, usually around 7 or 8 pm. I've tried Samsung tech support numerous times but they are of no help and suggested I check with my internet provider. As all other devices work fine and don't drop, I didn't think that was necessary but I thought I'd try anyway. I've attached a screenshot showing the tablet indicating it's connected without internet. I don't even know what that means or how it's possible. They've done a bunch of troubleshooting things, like reboot the modem or the settings on the tablet and sometimes it connects for a while. 
Samsung says:
  "It seems that the issue is with the Internet Provider! As it has limited compatibles, I suggest you to contact the Internet Service Provider they will help you to get it fixed for you!"
Limited compatibles? Is that a thing? 
This started with the A7 tablet and when I couldn't get any help I stupidly bought the newer version, the A8. 
My modem is a Netgear Nighthawk if that matters. 
Is this something you've heard of? The screenshot shows 'connected without internet'. 
Now they want to change it to Factory Settings, so I'll lose everything. This also happened with the A7 and I lost everything. I'm at my wits end. 
0 Likes