Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage problem

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 12:01 PM)
LynDyer
Apprentice
Options
Hi. I reset my Tab A7 to factory settings as I had run out of memory with very few apps and no photos. Once back up and running I put a few apps on and it showed I had 15gb of storage left. "Other" said I had used about 4gb. Not sure what the other bit is. I left it overnight and this morning I only have 11gb left and other is now up to 10gb used. What does this when the tablet is not being used. I'm just going to run out again very quickly if it does that everyday. NB I do not have this issue with my phone that has tons of apps and photos on! Very grateful of any help. Thank you. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @LynDyer 

The ‘Other’ storage category comes from apps you have installed on your smartphone or tablet, that don’t fall in to the other storage categories. It includes items such as system files, cached data and temporary files. Unfortunately, you can't delete these files directly from your device but you can help to clear it by deleting cache or app data: What is Other storage on your Galaxy phone | Samsung UK

0 Likes
LynDyer
Apprentice
Options
I connected it to my PC but there didn't look to be much in there. On my phone it shows about 150mb but my tablet is showing 10gb an extra 6gb went on overnight. It makes no sense.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I see @LynDyer . Do you have any apps open on the background when that happens? 

This guide will also help you free some space on your Tab: How do I clear up memory space on my device? | Samsung UK

0 Likes
LynDyer
Apprentice
Options
No no apps are open at all. I don't understand what's going on. I had to reset it as it just kept coming up no storage but it looks like the same thing is going to happen again. I can't afford another device though so don't know what to do.
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Hi there moving apps where possible to SD will help a bit but unfortunately 32GB internal fid example doesn't get any far nowadays.
0 Likes