Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 11:16 AM)
Kingers
First Poster
Options

Firstly are there two different apps called Smart View?

There is a now outdated one from play store - in its settings the version shows as 2.1.0.112. 

There is then an option in the quick settings drop down menu also called Smart View (maybe built into the Samsung Android distribution?) - I have this option on two phones which each show different version numbers associated with the drop down Smart View, S8 shows version 6.0.66, A40 shows version 8.1.55.

I can view my samsung TV on the two phones (S8 and A40) using the quick settings drop down Smart View.  I have just got a tablet - Tab A 8" (2019) - and would like to do the same on it.  I have been able to install the version 2.1.0.112 Smart View app but it doesnt offer TV -> tablet.  There is no Smart View option in the quick settings drop down 😞

The S8 is on Android v9.  The A40 and the tablet are on Android v10.

Can anyone please help with what is needed to get the Smart View option on the quick settings drop down on the tablet?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung removed Smart View from the drop down menu a while back so it's not going to be coming back. I did the same as you on my S10 but I can cast both ways. The only suggestions I have are to check permissions and try reinstalling the app.
0 Likes
Kingers
First Poster
Options
Cheers for the quick response 🙂
Do you have an option on the Smart View app on the S10 which allows for casting from TV to phone, or have you had to install an app on the TV and drive it from that 'end' in some way?
The options I see in the app are for 'my photos', 'my videos' & 'my music', which are all local on the phone/tablet. There is also a TV remote, but I don't see an option to do with actually accepting content from the TV (the drop down version had a 'Device to phone' tab).
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, I can cast to the phone from the TV. I connect via screen mirroring on the TV. With the remote, do you mean the one in Smart Things?
0 Likes
Kingers
First Poster
Options
I mean the remote in Smart View (app installed from play store). I have now looked at installing Smart Things but the play store says it isn't compatible with the tablet. The tablet only has 2Gb of RAM whereas I think both the phones have 4Gb so I assume the app just won't work with the tablet, which is completely ***** as screen share is the primary reason I bought the tablet (on a whim with no research - I just assumed any samsung tablet would work). I might need to see if I can return it 😞
When you say you connect via screen mirroring on the TV - did you install an app on the TV or was the screen share function built in?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Screen mirroring is already built in to my TV.
0 Likes