Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow......

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 05:04 PM)
dl123456
Journeyman
Options

I've had my Tab A7  for nearly a week now and typically use it for browsing and email.

Curious to get other views here as to the speed and performance of the device.

I feel its slower than my 6 year old LG tablet that it was bought to replace. 

Yes I have found the "power saving" mode that limits the cpu to 70% and turned that off!

Who thought it was a good idea to have that limit on my default?  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
My Tab S6 lite is also seriously slow and the screen delay is not great either
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Its very much a budget version of Samsungs tablets, i wouldnt expect much from it. Try to keep it light, limit how many apps u install and keep all but the most essential apps in deep sleep/disabled.
0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
My Galaxy Tab A is a 2018 model and its SOC/CPU is even slower but it still does what I need it to do quickly enough (I use it much the same as your usage along with video streaming as well). As Shazzkid says the Tab A is at the budget end of the range and for me, that means I don't have to go without such a device altogether. The faster you want to go, the more you'll need to pay so it also boils down to a large degree to what monetary figure you put on your time as well as how patient you are.

While your old LG tablet may have seemed faster, it would have been running a simpler, older operating system which offers fewer features and is likely less secure/resistant to being hacked. If you want to make old hardware fly, put an operating system on it thats simple and doesn't tax it very much but then you're not comparing apples with apples.
0 Likes