Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD PIN

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 11:42 AM)
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

I have a TAB A 10.5 SMT 595 and want to set up a SIM card lock.

I have gone to Settings, then to ‘Set up SIM card lock’ , then to ‘Lock SIM card’.

I am being asked to enter my ‘SIM card PIN’.

I have entered my Lock Screen PIN (not accepted) and then my PUK (again, not accepted) so now only have one more try!

Where can I find or set up my SIM card PIN?

Do I use the default of 1234? 

My provider has told me to use 0000.

Which number is correct?

Am I able to reset this later?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AsadM
Options
Hi @Jeffers613. Hope you're doing well. Are you asked for a sim card pin if you use the SIM card in a different device?
0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Not quite sure of your question!

I bought my Samsung TAB A 10.5 some time ago and thought it is about time I put a lock on my  Smarty SIM card!

I need to enter my 'SIM card PIN' and assume this is some default number.

I spoke to Samsung via webchat and they didn't seem to know the answer although I have found a web article saying that the default  Samsung SIM card PIN is 1234. However Smarty have suggested I use 0000. 

I only have one go left!

So should I use 1234, 0000 or something else?!!

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@Jeffers613. We won't be able to advise in what your sim card pin is as thisnisnt determined by the manufacturer of your tablet. In regardsnto our last question, were sorry if it wasn't clear, but we wanted to know if you're asked for a pin code if you use the same sim card in a different device. Can you please confirm if you've checked this?
0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.

I use my SIM card only in my TAB A.

I'm  VERY confused re your comment that you can't advise me what my SIM card PIN is. 

The web article I referred to (giving 1234 as the default) is published by  SAMSUNG at   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-inserted-a-new-sim-card-and-now-it-is-asking-me-...

So I seem to be getting one code from Samsung (ie 1234) and another from Smarty (ie 0000)

If I had 2 goes left I would try both but I only have one go left - so I need to know which default code is correct!!!!

0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Any help here would be greatly appreciated ie should I use 1234 or 0000?

0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

STILL HOPEFULLY WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ADVISE ME IF THE DEFAULT IS 1234  OR 0000   !!

0 Likes
suesiq
First Poster
Options
Have samsung galaxy 10 how do u find out what ur puk code is
0 Likes
suesiq
First Poster
Options
Try 0000 I called my provider and they said use that for the phone and then u can reset ur sim lock
0 Likes