Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung software on Tab a7. Better SD card support required.

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 09:50 AM)
badhouses
Apprentice
Options
There's only 32gb of internal memory inside my device. 
I'd like to appeal to developers to take advantage of SD cards whenever they are detected. 

Also, there is a bug with moving apps to SD Card, the installation goes straight back to internal storage at update.

Many thanks. 

Simon.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, Using SD cards as internal memory doesn't work. It was tried but dropped because SD cards are too slow and often fail.

In relation to your second question, there is no bug, this will always happen if you move apps to the SD card.

0 Likes
badhouses
Apprentice
Options
I still feel downloads and saved files, like notes in samsung notes, should automatically favour the SD card for storage. This would help.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Which app store is moving apps back to internal storage when updating them? I've not noticed that with mine and all the apps I moved to SD card have stayed put even with updates from Google Play so far
0 Likes
badhouses
Apprentice
Options
All apps I moved have gone back. Its so frustrating
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Maybe the card is not fast enough then. I have a Tab A7 too and mine have stayed put on the card from Google Play. I only use Galaxy Store for updating the Samsung apps
0 Likes
badhouses
Apprentice
Options
It's a SanDisk ultra, 128gb. Should be fine. It stores files fine. Very odd.
0 Likes
Dombosc
First Poster
Options

I am also frustrated with this, I wonder if anyone has developed an app to re-transfer apps that can be transferred, like something that can be run when the tablet is not on use (like overnight)

0 Likes