Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement S pen tips

(Topic created on: 31-05-2024 12:42 PM)
Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
I've been looking at replacement nibs and came across Titanium Alloy ones. Can these be used on Galaxy series phones and tablets. My tablet has a glass screen protector and my phone has the samsung anti glare. Does anyone have experience using these. Or should I stick with the standard type.
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Ginsing64: Where possible I would always recommend using genuine Samsung accessories, or those intended for use with your specific device, to avoid any potential compatibility issues or, in this case, to avoid damaging your tablet's screen. 

Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
Just seemed a bit more resilient to wear. But given that. The wear may increase to the tabletbor phone. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh I would definitely stick with the original ones. I'd rather those wear out than risk damage to the screen in some way
The original ones I should imagine would be more accurate and they are obviously compatible
Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, I thought I'd just throw it out there. To be honest, what you'd save in wear one way, you'd lose in the other after thinking about it.
0 Likes
Alan814
First Poster
Options

I was also thinking of getting a metal pen for my tablet as I just got a paper like screen protector and its like sandpaper to the plastic nibs. I am trying to do some research on whether or not metal nibs can damage the internal components of the pen but I can't find much information. I am hoping that as a moderator you may have more information on this subject or if you could be willing to share your opinion on whether or not it is safe to use for the spen. (I am not concerned about the screen as I will be getting a metal that is softer than the glass to avoid scratching it)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Ginsing64
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Alan thank you, but I am not a moderator. I to seem to have come up with a blank on this subject. You could try YouTube. There seem to be a lot of positive reviews from sales sites, but that is too be expected. However I have not used a metal top myself for fear of damaging the PDF and often. My thoughts would be they would damage the s pen or worse the PDF screens. The question is do you dare try it. As it is not a Samsung part it would void any warranty, this could be an expensive mistake without a positive answer.
0 Likes