Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random music playing

(Topic created on: 08-12-2023 06:39 PM)
Ordgar101
First Poster
Options

Help please! I have a brand new Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablet. At exactly 7am every morning it begins to play a tune which sounds like an alarm. There is no way to stop it apart from switching off the tablet and rebooting. If I don't switch off the tablet the alarm will continue for ever (I have let it continue for over 12 hours). There are no notifications or buttons to stop it. Even if all apps are closed it still happens. I have checked every app which has alarms and they all say no alarms set.

If I can't stop this happening I will have to return the tablet as faulty.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try Below
Open your device's Clock app

Tap Alarm

On the alarm you want, tap the On/Off switch
0 Likes
Ordgar101
First Poster
Options

There are no alarms set in the Clock app. As I mentioned in my post, I have checked every app that has the potential to set alarms and none are set. This is a brand new device and I have not set any alarms yet.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Check your calendar app. If you setup your device from a backup of a prior Samsung account, it may have inadvertently activated some older calendar reminders.
0 Likes
Ordgar101
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the suggestion Joeye, but I had already done that and I have done it again and there are no reminders at all. Checked both Google and Samsung calendars. Anyway if it was being caused by a calendar reminder it would also appear on my phone, my desktop and laptop computers since they are all synched, but it is only the tablet.

0 Likes
Ronehowe
First Poster
Options

Hi

I know what you mean and have no idea how to stop it. Mine situation is even weirder the tablet recorded on it's on a bird in Costa Rica for about 57 seconds and played in a loop to the bird as an answer. Then after that everyday at 8:03 am no stop until I did power off. It played over YouTube videos. It played out loud when I was using my bose headphones connected through Bluetooth. Everyone could hear it and I heard on the headphone. 

If that wasn't weird enough I'm back in US and instead of playing at 8:03 am it plays at 10:03 am since Costa Rica time is 2 hours behind. So clearly it's not related to the alarm clock that BTW I don't have anything set up for 8 03 or 10 03.

I have a case it didn't stop when I close the case, it doesn't stop even if I press the power button to put in sleep mode.

The only think that kinda helped was to turn down sound. It keeps playing I just dohear anymore. Plugging in a power cable did stop for the day or like you mentioned power off completely or restart. 

I searched any and all recordings,  video, voice everything and nothing.  Another weird thing I did a screen media recording and no sound found on the recording unless I selected to record with microphone.

I do have 2 phones and another table all connected and it only happens in this specific table that I took to Costa Rica. I took a phone with me and it doesn't happens to the phone. 

So good luck maybe one day will figure it out

Iane

0 Likes