Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDI commands on Tab S7+

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 03:23 PM)
frasreid
Apprentice
Options
I have recently been informed that the Galaxy tab S7+ no longer supports MIDI commands. (Musical Instument Digital Interface) which would imply that if it doesn't, it was supported it previously.

Can anyone confirm ,if this is correct 

If it does no longer supports MIDI, could Samsung reintroduce it on a software uograde.

Also does anyone know if the Tab S8+ supports MIDI commands ?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Is there an app that could play them?

MB
0 Likes
frasreid
Apprentice
Options
It's an app called Musicsheets that I am using. It is basically a sheet music programme. However it can send midi commands to your instrument, which in my case is a Ketron SD90 and when a song is selected, it will send the instrument a midi command to configure the instrument with any presets (registrations) that I have set for that particular song.
0 Likes
Triumphgt6
First Poster
Options
I have just bought a Samsung galaxy A14, but it Annoyingly locks the screen after about 3 minutes ! How do I adjust it without an instruction manual? Also it came with out a charger, just a Type C double ended Lead ?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If by supporting MIDI commands, you mean can it play MIDI files, I assure you they most definitely can. Both S7+ and S8 Ultra play them just fine.
0 Likes
frasreid
Apprentice
Options
Hi Joeeye.

Thank you for your response. I should have updated this thread.

I have now got it working.

I do not use it to play actual music.

It is used on a sheet music app. So that when I select a particular song, the tablet sends a midi command to my sound module telling it what preset to select.

This means that when I play a song, I do need to select it from the music and the sound module, as the music app sends the command to the sound module.

Thank you for your help.
0 Likes