Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Charging Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S

(Topic created on: 09-08-2017 09:47 PM)
SamK2323
First Poster
Options

I have had this tablet for around 6 months now. I have been more than pleased with it in that time however recently it has started giving me issues. Just the other day I plugged it into charge, there was a loud "zap" sound and the screen went purple with a faint outline of what I was originally doing in the background. I performed a soft reset by holding the down the power button and the volume down button which seemed to fix the problem however it hasn't been quite right since.

Since then I cannot use the tablet properly whilst it is plugged in to charge. Before I could use it whilst charging with no issues, however now it either doesn't charge or slowly depletes its power. This isn't an issue I had beforehand. I am still using the official Samsung charger cable and plug that it came with, both of which are undamaged with no issues. I also have an issue that whilst plugged in and in use the sensor for remaining battery power isn't correct. For example as I write this it has jumped from 92% to 72% in the blink of an eye and doesn’t seem to be increasing. I am not doing anything overly taxing for the system to cause this. I have also noted that the tablet can run out of power whilst on charge which, to me, seems incorrect.

Additionally the time required to reach a full charge has increased as well as the maximum time before discharge being severely reduced – sometimes not even reaching 2 hours for word processing alone!

I have both updated all of my drivers and Microsoft settings as well as performing a full factory reset, neither of which have seemed to help.

This machine has never been dropped, never had water damage and is still in the same condition as it was when I bought it.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I plan to ring Samsung in the morning to see what they suggest too.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my device @SamK232 I'd try an alternative Official Samsung charger. 

If no help then a Samsung Service Location or Samsung Experience Store would be able to run a diagnostic on the device. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MilaKici
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue for multiple years now. Have you found any solutions to this problem?

I have taken it to Best Buy multiple times with no permanent solution.

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@MilaKici 

You should try to ask your question on the Canadian Forum, maybe they have a answer, who knows ?

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Community/ct-p/ca-community

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes