Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE ANDROID 12

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 06:35 PM)
Keith127
First Poster
Options
After updating to android 12 my Poweramp music player would not recognise my music files on my S8 tablet. My library consists of all my music downloaded from cd's as I don't do streaming. I have tried downloading several other music players capable of playing wma files with the same result. The only player which sort of worked was the old Samsung player but that has had it's ability to play wma files removed. It was OK with mp3 files. I have just had an hour with a Samsung tech help and she could not get them to work either. She did manage to copy my music folder to VLC and that worked, but VLC is mainly a video player. It has been suggested in an online forum that Google has changed the way music is recognised to something called scoped memory storage? (I don't really understand the technicalities!) If that is the case it makes new Samsung devices of no use to people like me who prefer to listen to personal music rather than streamed or downloaded stuff. At present I am now using an iPhone 11 and a 7 year old galaxy S2 8 tablet, which cannot be updated beyond Android 7! If that gets replaced it will have to be with an iPad, which is a shame.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Tumppi
Explorer
Options

Can you update to latest android version which is Android 13, maybe your music is different location which android can not showed to you or it needs relocate correct folders, search file exploader which can go deep into folders, maybe start with application called Total commander or something similar.

0 Likes
Keith127
First Poster
Options
I have updated to Android to 13 with no change to the situation. I have also tried putting the music folder on the SD card and on internal storage to no effect. Samsung techies couldn't get it to work either.
0 Likes
Frank Lee
First Poster
Options

This has just happened to me. Poweramp used to use DocumentsUI to manage files but this isn't supported with Android 12 or 13.

0 Likes