Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't seem to get my Sansung Tab S6 lite to connect to my external mointor.

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 11:48 AM)
Aysha1
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
I need help with understanding why my Tab S6 lite does not connect to a mointor.
I recently got a the Tab S6 lite as part of gift when I bought my phone and I noticed I am unable to connect it to my TV or mointor via any HDMI cables. 
I tried the same method with my Note 10+, Z Fold 4 and Tab S7 and it connected.
Is there a special adapter I need for it to work or is the feature only available to certain Samsung products?
I would love to be able to connect my Dex and link to window with my Iiyama mointor. 

6 REPLIES 6
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
The S6 lite does not support MHL unfortunately.
0 Likes
Aysha1
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the info. Is there a chance MHL will become available on it in the future. Because it seems pointless to have the Dex feature available without it.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't believe so, unfortunately it's one of the limitations of having a 'lite' product. If you already have a Tab S7, maybe it'd be better for you to just sell the Tab S6 lite?
0 Likes
Aysha1
Apprentice
Options
I was going to give the S6 as a gift 🎁 to someone so wanted to check if I was missing something. I will let he receiver know it not a feature available to them.
Thanks
0 Likes
Trickyrat
First Poster
Options

I have the TAB A8 and use scrcpy (free open source) to bring its UI up on my computer monitor. Obviously it needs to be running on another device (PC, etc.), but it is a way over USB to get your tablet screen on a monitor or TV. It also then provides full mouse and keyboard support, even for wired devices.

Even a cheap Android dongle or Pi Zero would probably do the job.

Not ideal, but it does work if your want your tablet screen on a larger device. 

EDIT: Another option is to stream the tablet to a device connected to your monitor, or use a TV that already has built-in streaming (I do this with my TAB A8 and my LG TV.)

0 Likes
ValenDren
Explorer
Options
Hi!

You didn't say which S6 Lite you have. I have the 2020 ( SM-P610), and this device does not support video out over usb c unfortunately. Unsure if the same is true of the 2022 S6 Lite
0 Likes