Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set a hdmi monitor as a second screen?

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 12:50 PM)
PeteT72
Journeyman
Options

Hi,  I have looked on here and Dr Google but just can't find a solution.  In short I want to have a monitor as a second screen to my Tab S8 Ultra.  I have managed to get the monitor as the main screen and tablet as a separate user screen but not be able to actually have it to extend the screen across the two.  

As it's meant to be a "work tool" I assume there is a solution I just can't find it.  Can anyone help? 

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
After years we're still waiting for dual screen in dex, I think we'll be waiting a while longer before we see any support for extended displays
0 Likes
PeteT72
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for updating.  It is nuts as its a pain without it and especially as other platforms do it so easily

0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
It's the old chicken and egg dilemma. Not enough people use it because some key features are missing and Samsung won't increase the work on it because not enough people use it. Samsung as a multi-use device has barely changed since it was initially developed. But, you can use your nice big Samsung tablet as a wireless extended monitor for your Windows machine...
0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Take a standard HDMI cable, run one end from the PC's output, and run the other to your first monitor's input. Windows will automatically detect the display. By default, the first display connected will be the main one. Repeat this process for your second monitor.

0 Likes