Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home page shortcut to start slideshow of Gallery album

(Topic created on: 17-10-2023 04:57 PM)
Tourex
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I appreciate that I can add a Home screen shortcut to open a specific album in the Gallery app. However, what I really want to do is to start a slideshow of that album from a home screen shortcut. 

Does anybody know how I can achieve this. If not possible in the Gallery app, is there a third party app that will do it?

Many thanks in anticipation of a solution. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Neo001
Legend
Options

You can add a Gallery widget and select an album or a set photos. It will then show you the photos in a slideshow.

0 Likes
Tourex
First Poster
Options

Thanks for that Neo001.  I should have said that the album I want to show as a slideshow contains both still images and video clips. I did try adding the Gallery as a widget, but it only displayed the static images - and didn't start as a slideshow.  

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Indeed, it will not show the videos, but will shuffle through the photos and display a new photo every few seconds.

0 Likes
Tourex
First Poster
Options

So, I guess my question is: is there any way to achieve a slideshow of videos contained in a Gallery album (or other folder on the tablet), either through any native Samsung app or via any decent third-party app (paid or free but without adverts)?

0 Likes