Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI for Samsung Galaxy tab A

(Topic created on: 22-05-2017 11:46 AM)
KarenP
First Poster
Options

Hi - Can anyone receommend which sort of HDMI cable i need to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) to either a TV or Tivo box please

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi @KarenP.

The Tab A 10.1 2016 doesn't support an MHL connection, and so won't work with an HDMI/HDMI adaptor for connecting to a TV or set-top box.

You should be able to use a Chromecast (or similar) to connect them though. :smileyhappy:

THIS IS JUST BLOODY BACKWARDS SAMSUNG! 
-- Yes, I am screaming! --

I bought a Galaxy Tab A from Costco that I no longer can return for my father in law so he can connect it to his TV and watch stuff from his couch. The man is on limited income and paying some $70/ month for cable is just a rip off.  And Now I find out that Tab A doesn't support this simple, and I mean friggen simple no-brainer function! 

This is why Apple is kicking everyone's but. This is why users who have no computer knowledge, like my 70 yr old father in law say, "Oh, apple's stuff is just so easy to use”. 

C'mon Samsung, THINK GodDamnit!  How much did you save by not including this simple feature in the Tab A? Seriously How much? $1? And that is stretching it. 

I have been an avid android and Samsung supporter, honestly, if my company offers me an iPhone, I'm switching. I'm doing a fire sale on all my Samsung tablets and phones and computers, and will just switch over to apple. Yeah, it costs a bit more.  BUT THEY DONT NICKLE AND DIME FEATURES.  It's a firggen tablet, not a BMW where you have to pay extra for the Velcro holding your floor mats down. 

This is just STUPID! Plain 'Ol STUPID on Samsung’s behalf! 

Soon to be a former Samsun / Android product User!  aka  Future Apple user!

Neo82
Student
Options

How? I have a vga monitor.

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options
Neo82 - On Amazon search for "USB C To VGA adapter" The generic good quality adapters are about $15. It will allow you to connect your Samsung phone to your VGA monitor, but you WILL NOT be able to connect your Samsung Tablet to the same monitor. And that is what I just find infuriating. You see the technology is there, doesn't cost a penny extra for Samsung to enable/allow the users to use, but they don't allow us to use it.

As for my issue, I had to go buy an apple tablet now. And because I didn't buy the $1000 tablet, I am now stuck with the lightning connection and have to go spend $49 to purchase an apple lightning adapter to connect to the Monitor's HDMI.

These companies are just milking the consumer. Why do we have so many different connections. They all work the same. Why isn't everything USB C. Where are those butthead environmental warriors? why don't they go after these big companies and put an end to their electronic pollution with their constantly unnecessary changes to the charging cables. Instead, I have to pay $.10 for a grocery bag. People need to get their priorities straight .

Well that was my rant, and those are my opinions. I could be wrong, although I know I am not.
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options
NO, it is not. Although it should be. But Samsung has decided to screw the consumers.
0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options
Sorry KarnP. you can't connect the Tab A to any external monitor simply by using a cable the same way you would your Galaxy Phone. Samsung decided to screw the consumers and disable the feature.
0 Likes
PENDARVIS
Apprentice
Options

YOU are RIGHT DrFeelGood!

It's like when iphone eliminated the headphone hole! Now- It's hard to find ANY headphones that are WIRED and don't require batteries, etc. And even though Android is more popular, how many LIGHTENING cables do you see vs USB-C?

Everybody is on Apple's... uh... anatomy. Now SAMSUNG wants to limit me? Like they did when they made it IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of that demon from hell named BIXBY? I've always used Samsung. Always stood up for it. Recommended it. For YEARS. Now what?

Yep. I was looking for this EASY solution too. I give up.

😞

SayLeong
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I also bought Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 model SM-T510 recently. Can someone share if this tablet can support USB-C to HDMI or VGA? I have bought a MHL adapter but it seems not working.  😞  

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

HI SayLeong

The answer is: "NO, this tablet does not support USB to HDMI..." another word, you CAN NOT connect this tablet to any external monitor using ANY Kind of a cable or PHYSICAL means. Your only possible option is screen mirroring. Samsung really screwed the users with this one.  

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

SayLeong
Student
Options

Thank you very much for your reply. very disappointing that Samsung made such as model. 

0 Likes