Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S8 is not connecting to the Internet

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 09:49 AM)
factor three
First Poster
Options

I have a new Galaxy Tab S8 that was set up and configured just a week ago. This tablet was accessing the Internet without problems when it was first used.

As of this morning, however, when it connects to Wifi it shows "Connected without Internet". There is no Internet access whatsoever.

I have tried connecting using two different networks. The behavior is consistent. The problem is clearly with the tablet itself.

I came to this forum looking for solutions to this problem. The favored solution has been to turn on automatic date and time. This tablet already has automatic date and time turned on. It still will not access the internet.

There is nothing wrong with either of the networks I put the tablet on. Other devices connect to the Internet through both of them without problems. Other devices include desktop computers, laptops, TVs, and other Samsung tablets.

What is wrong with this S8? Is there a way to get it connecting to the Internet again, or am I going to have to return it and get my money back?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Neo001
Legend
Options

Have you already tried resetting the network connections? 

0 Likes
factor three
First Poster
Options

Yes. I did that several times.

0 Likes
Monica1203
Explorer
Options

I had the same issue with my galaxy tab s8+. Connected without internet, some apps still worked, other didn't. 

I guess it is the last update to UI 4.1.1.

I managed to make it work by using Google's DNS - go to wifi connection and tap "view more" on the wifi connection that you are having trouble with - IP settings: Static (I have changed the automatic DHS IP with Static) - DNS1: 8.8.8.8  - DNS2: 8.8.4.4.

This is a temporary solution, hope we will get an update soon to fix the problem. 

0 Likes
nitestrike
First Poster
Options

I just got the Tab S8+ and it worked when I first set it up like the other above, then when I got the UI 4.1.1 August update it started to get the message connected to WiFi No Internet and had no access. So I reset the device sense I had not gotten hat far into setting it up, that did not resolve the issue and I could not setup the device.

So I went looking through my security settings and decided to set my Country Block list to Inbound only. That resolved the issue. Then I went back and removed all the countries I had in the list and added them back 1 by 1 and found that that blocking China for Outbound traffic caused it to happen again. I removed it once more to make sure that it would work again and it did.

So for what ever reason the server or service they are using to check if the network connectivity is concidered in China by my network gear. I have Ubiquity equipment.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Basic Wi-Fi troubleshooting on a phone or tablet
Check the device. Remove any third-party cases or accessories.
Reboot the mobile device. On a phone or tablet with a Power key:
Confirm that Wi-Fi is turned on. Open Settings, tap Connections and then tap Wi-Fi.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
mariair1221
First Poster
Options

Hi, just wanted to let other people know that neither of the suggested solutions worked in my case. I also did not notice any issues until the latest update. I'm on UI 4.1.1 as well. My router or settings have not changed. I used the S8 tablet for months without noticing issue which makes me think the latest update had something to do with it (I purchased in the spring of this year)... My security settings were not blocking any outbound traffic and setting the static IP with those fixed DNS addresses does not resolve the issue. Neither does a reboot or power cycle. 

My S21 phone nor any of my devices are having similar connection issues. Having a router compatibility issues for so many users with run of the mill devices is unlikely... 

My symptom is the following: the tablet connects and shortly after the network works just fine. However, give it a few minutes and it will either say it's connected without internet or the network connection is so slow that it's unusable. So far, I have noticed the issue twice since the update and there are periods in which the network connection is stable and the tablet is usable. It has just shown the issue twice so far after full days of working network connectivity. 

Given this, I wonder whether the proposed solutions are actually fixing the problem or if the network connection just coincidentally started working again for these users. 

Jeff256
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problems on a brand new Galaxy Tab S8.    As it's within the 30 day window, I'm going to return it to the retailer today.     I use the device when travelling and it MUST reliably connect to any available network, without special action on router settings. 

1  Regularly drops WiFi and will not automatically reconnect, even though Auto Reconnect is ON.

Typically happens in areas where signal strength is 2~3 bars

I can manually reconnect and it works fine, doing ~ 68 mbps on a speed test.     However, when Auto Reconnect is ON, it should do as it says and Auto Reconnect.

2   Sometimes drops WiFi and tells me it is connected with no internet connection, typically when signal strength is 2~3 bars.        

I can walk 6 paces from the router and it sometimes drops WiFi and will not manually reconnect.

Note: 

For comparison, I am making the same tests with 3 other Android devices on the same network and none have the same problems, on the same router.  I have been using these other devices for years.

I have also tested on 2 different WiFi routers and the S8 Tab has the same problems with both

Troubleshooting Checks

Reboot device

Network reset

Factory reset   (This is after contacting Samsung UK)

WiFi On/Off/On

Switched Auto Reconnect Off, then On

Reboot router

Use different router

Compared against 3 other Android devices, an LG G7, a Galaxy S2 Tab and an old Galaxy S5 phone. 

Mostly testing on same 5 GHz network, except for where I tried changing router

0 Likes
Robahoy
Journeyman
Options
Insulting.... there is an issue.. my phone connects OK the tablet doesnt
0 Likes
Jeff256
Apprentice
Options

I wonder who is doing the insulting ?

My previous post explained the problem, my intention to return the device within the 30 day return window and all the troubleshooting steps I took. 

I returned the tab and the replacement works fine.      SOLVED.

0 Likes