Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Wifi Dropout

(Topic created on: 11-09-2019 08:21 PM)
Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options

WiFi keeps dropping out of new Galaxy Tab S6, when turning the WiFi button off in settings to try and reconnect the button keeps reverting to off and won't turn back on. I have to reset the tablet to get WiFi back on again which is very annoying. Any ideas anyone? 

36 REPLIES 36
Rhollo
First Poster
Options
restart tablet > settings > WiFi > connect to your network > settings (Next to your network/wifi) > advance > metered network > treat as unmetered. it should be OK now, i had to do this to my tab s6
0 Likes
DamJ
Student
Options

Are you using the Samsung keyboard - we've discovered when it's attached wifi connect is poor to none existent - once removed it connects without issues!

0 Likes
Hans99
First Poster
Options

The WIFI dropping has disappeared since a view months. I presume a new Android release has cured the problem.

0 Likes
Alices____
Pioneer
Options

I've got the same problem here with my s6 lite, it's extremely annoying.  I hope Samsung fixes this problem soon.

0 Likes
zacamaca
First Poster
Options
my Tab6 WiFi has been dropping out at least twice daily for the last 9 months, I thought it was the WiFi at home but none of my other devices are dropping out at the same time. its really an annoyance as I there's no were to go, don't want apple or any Chinese products, but Samsung has not performed lately either.
0 Likes
LDLeeHou
First Poster
Options

Try changing your IP Settings to DHCP. Possible your tablet's static IP address conflicts with another device.

Go to Settings --> Connections --> Wi-Fi --> Current Network --> Advanced. Change IP settings to DHCP. Click on Save.

Alices____
Pioneer
Options
Thank you so much. I'll definitely try this.
0 Likes