Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 2022 S Pen Tilt issues

(Topic created on: 15-11-2023 04:58 PM)
Bad_Dachshunds
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a brand new S6 Lite 2022 for the purposes of drawing... unfortunately it looks like this may have been a huge mistake. I actually bought my first unit on Amazon and it came with dead pixels and the same S Pen tilt issue that I will outline in a moment. I returned that unit and got a replacement, the new unit has no dead pixels but it has the same issue with the S Pen tilt function as the first device so I am now inclined to believe this is probably true for most if not all S6 Lites...

Anyway if I do any sort of vertical or horizontal shading, using the tilt function on the tablet, as the pen approaches the edge of the display (any of the 4 edges), the tilt function goes haywire... it goes from being tilted, to not being tilted at all (making regular lines), back to being tilted but WAY more tilted than before and this is while making sure that the pen physically does not change its angle of tilt at all.

This zone where tilt doesnt work comes in from the edge of the display by about 1 inch... so my usable drawing area is reduced 2 inches in both the X and Y axis... I mean it was already a small tablet to begin with but this makes it nearly unusable.

And no I do not have the device in a case or near any magnets whatsoever. I have also tried replacing the S Pen nib and even tried 2 other EMR styluses (a Wacom One and an Onyx Boox Pen Plus) and all 3 EMR styluses show the exact same behavior. Also tried multiple drawing apps (Infinite painter, Krita, Clip Studio Paint, and HiPaint... they all do it)

See attached photos to illustrate the issue.

IMG_1578.jpgIMG_1577.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Bad_Dachshunds
Apprentice
Options

It's also important to note that if I use the Tilt function at a non-parallel or non-perpendicular angle to the edges of the screen, the effect is greatly diminished however there are still strange gaps in the tilt function present. See screenshot.

IMG_1579.jpg

0 Likes
megarayan
First Poster
Options
I have the A7 lite and it is so good by it it is so worth it.
0 Likes
Bad_Dachshunds
Apprentice
Options

Ok... the A7 doesn't even have S Pen support though, and the A7 is not what I have...