Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 - auto start on plugging into charger?

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 11:28 AM)
Pedroespecial
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am creating a very simple Android app to allow seniors to keep in contact with friends and family via video chat.  I would like for the device to start automatically, when it is plugged into a charger.  This is important because we need the tablet to be on and connected as much as possible with the absolute minimum of user interaction.  If the device has powered off because of low battery, the senior would need to press the power button after connecting to a power source.  I would like to skip this step and start automatically to keep user interaction to the absolute minimum.

I can see that there are ways of doing this by rooting the device, however before I do that I was wondering if there is a simpler solution.  I don’t think I have any need for a rooted device except for this requirement and I want to keep the setup process for the tablets as simple as possible as I hope to roll this out to multiple devices.

I am happy to look at a software solution.  I will probably use Teamviewer for remote administration, but could consider an alternative mobile device management solution if it fulfilled this requirement.

Many thanks for your help.

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
Members_vswmvEf
First Poster
Options

I'm also interested in a solution for this problem...

0 Likes
PatientFlake
First Poster
Options

Hi Peter,

Did you find solution to this?

0 Likes