Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S6 Tab LTE refuses to register my fingerprint

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 04:50 PM)
WobSleptHere
Explorer
Options
Tablets

I purchased my new Galaxy S6 Tab LTE recently and have tried numerous times to get it to register my fingerprint. I go through the motions where it tells me:
Start scanning with the centre of your fingertip
I press as instructed and it tells me 12%. I lift off and press again and it goes to 18% and so on moving my finger around as instructed. Sometimes it gets to 20% and gives up, and sometimes it even gets to around 60% but still gives up saying:
Couldn't register your fingerprint

I've tried and tried again dozens of times, but it will never finish and register the fingerprint. Interestingly I also have a Galaxy A51 phone and have experienced no serious problem registering, not just one, but several of my fingerprints. Sometimes it took a couple of goes but I always got there without significant problems.

Have others experienced similar problems with the S6 or can anyone suggest a solution for solving my problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Ksmy89
Helping Hand
Options
Tablets
Have you got a screen protector installed on the tablet?
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Explorer
Options
Tablets
@Ksmy89 wrote:
Have you got a screen protector installed on the tablet?

No, the screen is exactly as delivered new. I have stuck nothing on it but I do have the S6 mounted in an Infiland Case designed specifically for this tablet but that doesn't cover the screen in any way.  I don't normally use the S-pen but just my finger for operating the tablet. Just to be sure I have thoroughly wiped it with screen cleaner and it makes no difference.

In the past 10 minutes I have again made about 6 attempts. At each attempt, it got only as far as 20% before quitting.

Given that today I added 2 separate fingerprints to my Galaxy A21 which took a couple of minutes or so. Then the same 2 fingerprints to a third party device which also completed in a few minutes. So there is clearly nothing wrong with my fingers either!

0 Likes