Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File browser not interacting with S-Pen - Unable to select a file / folder using S-Pen on Galaxy Tab S4.

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 10:17 AM)
Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

(Updated 27-7-20) ....

I've recently been unable to choose a file from the "File explorer" window (via "Files" system app). The folders / files have become non-selectable with the S-Pen. Selecting with a finger works fine.

For example -

- Unable to add an attachment within any email app including Gmail. The file browser opens but nothing is selectable (with S-Pen).

- If trying to upload a file on any web browser, same issue occurs. "File browser" opens, but nothing is selectable with S-Pen.

Issue noticed when attempting to upload an image to Web Google Photos. Files app opens, but no image can be selected (using any browser).

If the options on the left show alternative file browser apps in "Open with", (Google photos, Solid Explorer etc), then these apps work fine by clicking on one and browsing to a file using the alternative browser app & S-Pen. 

Anyone able to reproduce this recent issue or have any suggestions for a fix please?

Android 10

Android security patch 1st June 2020

One UI version 2.1

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

Just tested the issue on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ... (same android version & updates) and "Files" app appears broken if using S-Pen. Unable to select files on her tablet either, when "Files" app opens via any other app, unless a finger is used to make a selection. 

Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

I reported this via chat on My Samsung, explaining that this recently occurred on two separate devices using their separate S-Pens on each device (since the 1st July 2020 security patch?). Both devices refuse to select an item within Files window using an S-Pen, but is fine using your finger. Unfortunately, final advice was to Master Reset (not done as yet, as at least a finger works). I tried all tests of the S-Pen as suggested - all passed. Cleared Cache partition - no change. Safe mode - no change.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this please? A quick attempt at adding an attachment to an email should show whether the S-Pen is able to select items (or only a finger). I'd greatly appreciate finding it's not just our two tablets.

Cheers.

Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

Hi Members_BbrDYXp

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Have you found the same issue on your tablet ?

0 Likes