Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend monitor from Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 to portable monitor

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 02:42 PM)
ArminV
First Poster
Options

I got it how I can extend the PC screen with the table. But how does it work otherwise round? I would like to extend the screen of my tablet with a second monitor. That I can work on both. With Dex it's only limited funciton. E.g. I can't use apps in both monitors. I would like to extend as you do with a Laptop/external screen.... Any ideas? thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can't extend dex to another screen and use dex on both unfortunately, but you can use dex on the second screen and use your tablet as normal.
0 Likes
Tomertz12
First Poster
Options

how can i do this? when im plug my tab s8 with hdmi or with usb to my pc or to second screen it just duplicate the screen of the tablet and i cant use dex in one and the tablet in the second.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I've since sold my Tab S7 so can't remember exactly but I've just tried with my S21 and it's worked fine. I plugged my phone in to my monitor via hdmi and then turned dex by toggling it on in the quick panel. Dex is now showing on my monitor and I am now using my phone as normal to write this reply to you.
0 Likes
Tomertz12
First Poster
Options

thank you for your answer.

i've made some research too. the option that you talking on is working when i connect wireless to my smart tv. unfortunaly it not working with my PC screen or when i connect the tablet with USB to the PC. it does work like that with my galaxy s21 but it seems that samsung blocked this option for her tab s series for some reson... 

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
It worked on my Tab S7, I used it numerous times to have Teams open in dex on my monitor and then used samsung notes on my tablet simultaneously. Maybe it doesn't work like that from the Tab S8 onwards 🤔
0 Likes
Oliwixr
Journeyman
Options

You can't, You would need another device for the other app

0 Likes
Marossala
Apprentice
Options

Hello, today I received USB C hub, So I went and tried HDMI. I had same problem as you, so I went to the DeX mode, when you are in dex mode, go to settings. DeX settings - enable "turn on DeX mode right after connecting HDMI cable". The tab start kinda rebooting and then it launches into dex mode on monitor and tablet mode on tab. Hope I helped you. Have a nice day.

0 Likes
Marossala
Apprentice
Options

I would be much happier if I could expand Dex mode on monitor and tab simultaneously. To use tab as my windows setup. I hope this will come in the nearest update. It would make my work much easier, to have on 1 screen opened lumafusion and on the second file folder...

0 Likes
Hashimuas
First Poster
Options

Extending your tablet screen to a portable monitor can be a game-changer for productivity. If you're looking for portable monitor options, I've found a couple that you might find interesting on UPerfect Monitor's website. You can check out their selection here: uperfectmonitor.com  These monitors are lightweight and designed for convenience, which is perfect for your on-the-go needs. Connecting your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 to one of these monitors using a USB-C to HDMI adapter or cable could give you the extended screen experience you're seeking.

0 Likes