Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems with Samsung A7 10.4 tablet

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 12:30 PM)
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have a new Samsung A7 tablet 10.4 and am having trouble sorting the email side out. I have 2 email addresses a gmail one and a talktalk one which I have put onto the tablet. My problem is that all the emails for talktalk are also coming into the gmail and the gmail are coming also into the talktalk so I've got  a jumble of emails in each one. There is obviously something that I need to do to stop this happening - can someone give me easy to understand instructions please.  Can you help me to just have the gmail emails coming into the gmail and talktalk ones just into the talktalk one. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
how did you add your TalkTalk email account? what process did you do?

I have a Gmail account thats added to the Gmail email settings in the phone. I dont have and never used TalkTalk but I would have assumed downloading a separate email client from the playstore would be better and keeping them apart.

or try adding the TalkTalk email account into the default Samsung email client? that should be in a Samsung folder normally.
0 Likes
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

I just added the talktalk email alongside the gmail when I set the tablet up. This problem has only started a few days ago before that everything was fine. Can you please give me easy step by step instructions to try as i'm not PC savvy at all thanks very much

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'll try my best to help you step by step. the Gmail im sure is okay as I'm pretty certain you added that through actual Gmail.

you won't lose your emails but what is best at the moment is to remove your Talk Talk email account for now.

if you go to...

settings

accounts and backup

accounts

you should then find a list of all accounts on the tablet... you should at least see Gmail, talktalk and Samsung account. click on the talktalk one then remove it.

if you remove a email account its just taking it off the device.

Once you done that reply here then I'll try talk you through adding it the other way rather than being combined.
0 Likes
victorsj
Journeyman
Options
Good advice managed to reinstall
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
no problem, glad to have helped.
0 Likes
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

Hi have just had to put another post on in order to get some help. The email problem appeared again and so I uninstalled my talktalk email account and reinstalled it. This time it has not worked - every email into my talktalk email is being duplicated into my gmail site. This problem is really getting to me now - am I missing something? Thanks for any help. Regards

0 Likes