Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling screenshots

(Topic created on: 01-01-2023 12:38 PM)
Bobhehe
Student
Options
Due to my tab s7 taking random screenshots while the keyboard is connected I was wondering how to disable them so that the same problem does not occur.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Bobhehe: Do you have an external keyboard connected to your Tab S7 when the issue occurs? Screenshots can be taken by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for 1-2 seconds until the edges of the screen flash, so it might be worth checking to see if either of these buttons are sticking. Alternatively, if you have a case or cover on the tablet, check that it fits correctly, and it is not responsible for any accidental button presses. 

If you have an external keyboard connected to the tablet, check the user manual to see if there is a 'capture' button that might be causing the unwanted screenshots. 

Bobhehe
Student
Options
@AndrewL Thanks for the reply, yes the issue only occurs when my external keyboard is connected, the power and volume buttons are completely fine. Regarding the case and cover I am pretty sure that I have it on correctly but I'm not 100 percent sure so please may you give me more detail about that. The screenshots occur when I press a button and even when I haven't pressed anything.
0 Likes