Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can you move/install apps to the SD card on the Galaxy Tab A7?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 02:37 PM)
John G
Apprentice
Options

I'm thinking of getting this tablet, but I've read that people have not been able to move their apps to the SD card. I'd be worried about running out of space for apps.

A mod on the US community stated that it's not allowed on their US tablets:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/new-galaxy-TAB-A7-10-4-Cannot-Move-APPA-to-SD-card-as-in...

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No, doesn't work. The storage option won't format the card as internal storage even with that dev option enabled so apps can't be moved or installed to the card
Johnb
First Poster
Options

Help been trying to resolve this problem for over 7 hours with Samsung Support. Was told yesterday tablet needs repair, never been told its not possible to do. Which is correct. If its not an option its not worth buying it. Cloud storage has been mentioned but I can see no option to use my one drive.

0 Likes
Johnb
First Poster
Options

Have been trying to fix this problem with samsung support either on live chat or telephone support for over 7 hours waste of time. I have been informed that my tablet is to old 2016, it was purchased in February this year another informed me it needed repair. One complaint to argos gave me this reply.

WHY DOES SAMSUNG OR THEIR SUPPORT ADVERTISE THIS?

Whilst I appreciate the points raised in your letter, this tablet does not have the ability to transfer apps to an external storage device such as an SD card. This is not something we have advertised on the product listing, nor have Samsung advertised this as a feature with the device itself.

0 Likes