Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 04:59 PM)
Addy48
Apprentice
Options
Could anyone please let me have the best settings for watching my Galaxy Tab S5E in bright light. It is very dark and only just watchable.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
What app are you using to watch media? Samsung video player? Netflix?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Addy48: The brighter the light in the viewing environment, the brighter your screen needs to be to compensate. With this in mind I recommend heading to Settings > Display > Adaptive Brightness > On. Alternatively, toggle this off and adjust it manually to your preference. 

0 Likes
Addy48
Apprentice
Options
Cheers and these are the settings I use. I found the adaptive brightness toggled on marginally better than manual but it is still poor in bright light. Is this a common problem with this model or am I just unlucky.
0 Likes
Addy48
Apprentice
Options
Sorry in replying. I am using IPTV Smarters inbuilt player for TV with VLC or Ludio for movies.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Bit of a potential strange one this Addy48. One of the best selling points on the talented little Tab S5E is it's bright and bold screen?. Do apps like your gallery look dim when viewed in bright light also or is it just when playing movies and videos?. If the latter is true then I would suggest seeing if you can increase the brightness of your player independent of your tablet. I keep the brightness on my players high (80%) I must confess whereas my phone brightness is always kept at about 30%. With your player or players on full brightness and your phone on adaptive brightness you should be able to view in bright light no problem?.. 👍👍
0 Likes
Addy48
Apprentice
Options
Tried viewing gallery as you suggested Babishko but still needs to be at max brightness to view normal. Is it possibe to stream from my S7 to the tablet
0 Likes