Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Auto Rotate does not work with certain applications

(Topic created on: 26-07-2020 05:57 PM)
LesNewhall
Journeyman
Options

When using my tab S6 with the keyboard cover, if i open instagram it stays sideways... I have the Auto Rotate function on, and it does not tip.  i have tried turning auto rotate on /off etc.  I only have this machine 10 days or so... maybe there are other apps with the same problem.  I am thinking of returning my machine because for 800 euros, this is too aggravating. 

Does anyone have any solution for this?   

6 REPLIES 6
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

The deloveper of the app has control of this setting. There are a few apps like Instagram that do not support screen rotation.

The only solution ive seen is to download a rotation control app from the google play store, this will allow you to manually rotate Instagram and other apps that block screen rotation.

Solution
LesNewhall
Journeyman
Options
wow this was a fast response! I will look for a paid version. the two i downloaded wanted me to permit ads.

Meanwhile, I am a believer in this community!! Thanks Je655.
Solution
LesNewhall
Journeyman
Options

I am not happy with the paid version's either.  Will stick with my Galaxy S10 Ultra where i don't notice the issue as much.  I have returned the Tablet for refund.  It is a really great device, my goodness the sound is fantastic, i just can't live needing to tip the table when i am using with the keyboard backing.

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
LesNewhall
Journeyman
Options

yes i did try that one Je655.  it was definitely the best, but the screen did not resize.  so when I had it installed and went to instagram for example, I would have to scroll up and down to see the foto.  I could not get it to resize to view as it would in portrait view while in landscape view.   

ntim123
First Poster
Options

This helped me for my needs! Thank you.

0 Likes