Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A8 tablet region lock Middle East

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 07:41 PM)
Options

Hi everyone

I've just bought my daughter an A8 tablet from Amazon. When I try to go through the initial setup steps, it is asking me to choose my country but it's only showing me countries in the Middle East (Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq, etc)

We're in the UK. Is there a problem if I choose one of those other countries? If I choose one of those countries during setup, can I unlock it to the UK later?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is likely that that tablet was brought in the middle East. The issue you have is the warranty is only valid in the middle east and you will get the updates when they do and not when released here

Other issue you may find is if that tablet has been reported stolen of not which is a regular occurance found from but tablets from non reputable sellers

I would return it

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is likely that that tablet was brought in the middle East. The issue you have is the warranty is only valid in the middle east and you will get the updates when they do and not when released here

Other issue you may find is if that tablet has been reported stolen of not which is a regular occurance found from but tablets from non reputable sellers

I would return it
0 Likes
Options

Thank you so much! I'll return it tomorrow.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Usually when I buy from Amazon I make sure the seller is Amazon

They provide far better service to products they sell themselves