Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gesture deadzones

Rather then the new gestures using the entire screen, could we adjust the area in which we can activate the 'back' gestures? I find the new gestures conflicting with other actions such as the edge panel and chat heads from facebook messenger. Also the gestures in landscape also feel a little sloppy. I think an overall improvement is needed in the new gestures system.

4 Comments
MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @UrbanBacklip,

The area of Back is defined by Google requirements and cannot be modified. So it will be changed only when some modifications will be applied by Google.

UrbanBacklip
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the response @MagdalenaG

Is there any way you can pass this onto the google team?

MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

@UrbanBacklip, the information I shared with you comes from our developers, who cooperate with the Google team. So they probably already know about the issue :winking-face:

Tjc2005
Journeyman
Options

In Xiaomi devices it only applies to the bottom half of the screen, makes far more sense so we can use edge menus in apps. It's also not very accurate on samsung, not sure if this is because of the curved screen or not.

Also the swiping up to recent apps is far more fluid, samsung really ought to take note how to make it more snappy and user friendly.