Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutralizing the device by accessing the device from a friend or family

0 Likes

Recently, I had misplaced my phone and after a couple of hours I found it. I then began to wonder how dependent I am on my mobile phone. 

How do we make the experience of losing a mobile phone (smart phone) not stressful?

So is it possible to neutralize the device by accessing it from a set of preauthorized numbers belonging to friends and family .

Lets say there is an app, which will have verifiable details of friends and family and we include a list of friends and family from whose phone I can send distress signals and neutralize the phone with a 10 to 16 digit security code. 

1. A person loses his phone

2. He contacts a friend who is pre-authorized

3. He triggers the app and connects to the "lost mobile device"  with a security code... if successful

4. The lost phone /device is neutralized

5.  Then the rest follows...

There is a catch though...  the mobile should be switched on with 4G, if not this may not work, but a good number of lost mobile phones could be neutralized. Maybe it is already there and I don't know about it...

If there is one, let me know please 

Than

1 Comment
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, this functionality is already available. You can reset your phone, change password, etc., via Find My Mobile.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/