Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Feed as first page on One UI home

Replace Bixby Home with Google Feed on the first page of the One UI home or integrate Google Feed stories into Bixby home instead of UpDay

18 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @BenGinders 

As we are constantly trying to improve Bixby, it might be hard to replace it completly with Google Feed.  But integrating Goolge Feed stories seems like an interesting idea.
Could you let us know what advantages it has, in your opinion, over Upday? 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I completely understand an I have to say that the Bixby Home feed does look pleasing. 

As to Google Feeds advantages over Upday...

*Google know everything I search, email, read up on, which makes it better at suggesting what I want to see, without having to choose new catagories.

*Google allows me to see less or more over a particular subject or catagory with the click of a button over an article 

*Google also allows me to follow sites  or ignore sites

*Google contains less adverts

In whole it knows me better.

It would also be great to intigrate the Google Updates info, where I would like to see all my orders from my email with quick tracking links, information about upcoming events, tickets & flights etc..

Hope this helps, and thanks for taking my points on board

Li4m79
Explorer
Options

This is actually one of the biggest reasons I use Nova Launcher over Samsung's OneUI.  Seamless Google integration, swipe right for my Google feed.   I know Samsung wants the user to adopt Bixby but I think it's time to give users the choice in all areas.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Same here @Li4m79, but I really do like the new smooth One UI, just this one little niggle that puts me off.

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Thank you @BenGinders @Li4m79 for your input!

That does seem like an improved conveniance, so I will be sure to forward it to our development team, so they can see if they can do something about it.
It will also help if this idea gets a lot of likes! The more users like it, the higher chance it has to be added in the future!

BambiD
Pioneer
Options

I believe in power to user. So if u enable Either Bixby or Google feed let user choose which to use in left most swipe. If a person is Bixby and Upday dependent he can use that. The person who is not Bixby dependent can use Google feed.

Awahwah
Explorer
Options

I like the ideas suggested in the post.

To mirror others here, I like One UI but like the Google feed more than Bixby. This is why I used Lawnchair 2 prior to the Beta.

As the previous post, give us the choice to use either and I'd be even more of a happy camper.

Taufique
Journeyman
Options

Agree  with  the  others.  Would be nice if we could  have the option to select  Bixby  or Google  feed. This is the main reason  I still use Nova.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks everyone for adding comments and likes to this suggestion to help push this forward.

M0ckingj4y
First Poster
Options

Absolutely agree with this! I'm afraid Bixby just doesn't do it for me and I have no interest in using Bixby or Bixby feed in the slightest on Samsung, would much prefer to have Google feed which is tailored to me and my needs alongside the home screen