Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Unlock to reveal notifications but not unlock phone

I think it would be a good idea to use face unlock only to reveal notifications content on the lock screen and not to unlock the device itself - I'd still like to use the more secure fingerprint recognition for that. For the notifications, I'd like them to be semi-secure so that mainly only I can see what they say, but if the face unlock were to get fooled then it's not the end of the world.

3 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @gunners1506 

Thanks for sharing that idea! 

I really like the way it could work. I will make sure to deliver it to the development team so they can have a look at that.

GoodKingMort
Explorer
Options

I was looking for something like this today and actually found a pretty good way of achieving it:

Settings, Lock screen, Notifications, Hide content. Make sure the view style is 'details'. 

gunners1506
Apprentice
Options

I have this enabled but I'd like to be able to see the content just by looking at the screen - currently if I have face recognition enabled it will show the content but then my phone is unlocked as well and I'd rather not have that.