Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier Screenshotting

0 Likes

I recently was forced to switch from a 2018 Motorola G6 on Android 9 to a Galaxy A14 5G due to our service provider dropping support for low end phones.

I like my A14 for the most part but there are some features the Motorola did far better than the A14 that could probably help a lot more people than just me.

The video link provided shows a video I took of me taking a screenshot with my Motorola so UI devs can see how it was done. Showcase Video

The Motorola has you hold the power button for 2 seconds to bring up a floating (and non intrusive) sidebar with "Power" "Restart" and "Screenshot" buttons. Pressing "Screenshot" once, takes a screenshot of the page without opening a separate application and allows you to take a scrolling shot, crop, and also directly draw on the picture. You can also chose to discard the picture or save the picture (with or without editing first) and it immediately closes that UI and saves (or deletes) the screenshot and you are right back where you left off seamlessly.

I have relatively small hands and the A14 is noticably larger and wider than the small Moto G6. The Volume Dwn + Power Button shortcut for screenshots is hard to do with small hands, especially right handed, and doesn't always work; it also doesn't allow you to immediately edit or crop the picture before saving (if you even want to save) without needing to find a little popup bar and pressing it.

If the Motorola's quick bar with a screenshot button brought up by holding JUST the power button for a moment (instead of currently bringing up a Ui that covers the whole screen for just 3 options) or adding an instant screenshot functionality to the "Side Key" setting as an alternative to opening the camera with a double press, it would be EXTREMELY helpful for people like me who have kinda small hands and use the screenshot function alot.

Its a bit odd that a phone from 2018 does the screenshot process better than one from 2023 and doesn't at least have some kind of setting to change that.