Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do not create new homescreen page every time a new app is installed.

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 06:47 PM)
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Every time I install a new app from the Play Store, a new homescreen page is added for that app icon, even though there is plenty of room on my main homescreen page and also a completely empty extra page that already exists.
Please place newly installed app icons in the first available space on the main homescreen or an already existing page if the main screen has no room.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Dave-S20U,

It seems to be an error to me. Could you please send an error report describing the issue through the Samsung Members application, please? So that our development team can have a look into it. Thanks in advance! 

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Guri
Apprentice
Options
Interesting. Doesn't happen with my device. What you should do in unselect "Add new apps to Home Screen" in the Home settings.
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

I want new apps added to the home screen, I just don't want them to make a new page every time

Jsd84
Explorer
Options
Totally agree with this, same if it's possible to fix this issue when adding an app shortcut from the app drawer to the home screen, add it to the current (by me relatively empty) homepages and don't create a new page.
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Dave-S20U,

It seems to be an error to me. Could you please send an error report describing the issue through the Samsung Members application, please? So that our development team can have a look into it. Thanks in advance! 

Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

Done

callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
same
0 Likes
Griffler
First Poster
Options
It does exactly the same to me too, I have to hold my finger down on the new app I move it to the next available space, then delete the page I moved the app from and it's so annoying.
LePatay
Student
Options

It still does what Griffler said on my A40, on 2021/01/19. Annoying as hell. 

bradis1
First Poster
Options

Did the error report ever get traction or feedback? Has been happening on my S10+ since I got it