Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we have an option to turn off dimming of images in the Internet app while dark mode is being used?

0 Likes

Currently if dark mode is turned on, images are automatically dimmed in the Internet app. While I think it's a good feature for night time, as I use dark mode in day time as well I'd like to be able to turn this dimming off.

3 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @KK9 ,

I don't think it's intentions are to make images darker, I believe this is the way the black overlay replaces the whites for websites that do not have or support native white modes.

One workaround though is to set a quick link to your browser taskbar to switch between dark & light mode when viewing images.

This can be done by selecting  the menu within the browser followed the settings cog> Appearance> Customize Menu.Screen_Recording_20191031-193223_1.gif

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @KK9 

It does seem like a useful option if you use Night mode all the time (and from what I have seen that's a majority of us :face-with-tears-of-joy:).

I will be sure to forward it to our development team :winking-face:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Yep @TomaszT  that would be am accurate observation.

Dark mode is now the big craze..

It even got released on the BlackBerry app suite today (for my work emails which is also a Samsung)