Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add colours back to notifications

0 Likes

I've noticed that when notifications pop up they no longer have colour. This was useful as in snapchat for example when getting a notification you could clearly see that red was a snap and blue was a chat. No the pop up notifications looks like they are in grey scale. Maybe it's just temporary but I would love colours adding back into these pop up notifications

5 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Ryan20 

Are you referring to the pop-ups which appear with the edge screen effects?

If so you can set these to separate coloured for each app by going to:

Settings>display>Edge Screen>Edge Lighting>Lighting Effect>Select the "Colour" Tab> select "App Colour"Screenshot_20191031-192035_Edge screen.jpg

Screen_Recording_20191031-192535_1.gif

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hey @Ryan20 

Let me know if what @BenGinders has suggested is a solution for you :winking-face:

Ryan20
Explorer
Options

Hi @BenGinders and @TomaszT 20191101_152406.jpg

Thanks for your response but this isn't what I meant.

If you take a look at the screenshot above the notification has no colour. That notification is a snapchat snap and in android 9 that notification would have red text or red somewhere as that is the colour of the notification when receiving a snap. I'm not sure whether this is an OS thing or an app thing. When pulling the notification drawer down the notification does have colour in it. It appears that these pop ups are for some reason just black and white.

I hope you understand.

Thanks 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I've noticed this too. It now isn't obvious what app the notifiction is appearing from. It shows the small icon and the name on the status bar, but that isn't enough.
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed