Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Button Remapping

This has probably been asked many times (all the more reason to do it 😉) but I will ask it again. Please allow us to completely disable Bixby activation via the 'Bixby Button' and maybe even allow us to dedicate it to the Google Assistant instead if we choose. 

Always give the user the option to choose because it's the right thing to do and it's one of the many reasons that we choose to use Android instead of iOS! 

Thanks as always! :smiling-face:

Tags (1)
5 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @ETHAN0 

You can already reassign Bixby button to open a different app:

Go to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby key

And when it comes to opening Google Assistant, there's already a gesture that allows it quickly!

Just swipe diagonally from the bottom corner of the screen and it will open :smiling-face:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@TomaszT  Come on 😂 We can remap a single press or a double press but the other still activates Bixby and you know we want to use Google Assistant via the button because it's way better. Something to think about 😁

Alwa
First Poster
Options

I hate Bixby .i been a loyal customer sinse samsung S3 till now.i hate this botton and bixby i gave away my samsung note 9 and  using a sheap Motorola phone.i will never buy any samsung product agian.