Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App or activity switching

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 09:53 AM)
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
When in any app or websites, you should be able to triple tap to wake the task switching function which will enable you to navigate to other active apps or websites by scrolling left to right or right to left etc...... 

Example above. 
12 REPLIES 12
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Triple tap what? The back of the device? 

viv_matt
Voyager
Options
The screen within whatever you are in, application or Web browser.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

That might not work with all apps though - Chrome would steal the first 2 taps as a zoom gesture, and some games I play would take each tap as an action. 

viv_matt
Voyager
Options
The system based upon the coding, will always check the user interaction before, therefore it can work. There are some basic challenges with the end user however if you think the system can tell for single and double adding another tap will be just the same process however I would not go beyond a triple tap.
0 Likes
Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Same issue though. With some games, I tap as fast as I can. Lots of idle tap games allow rapid tapping as an option for "collecting" stuff. 
Tiny city is an example where I tap quick when upgrading things. 

Would be extremely frustrating to be constantly bringing up app-switcher when playing. I wouldn't want to turn that feature on or off depending on the game I'm about to play, because I'd just forget and then eventually just disable it, or sell my phone if I couldn't configure it. 

NV_UK
Navigator
Options
Why triple tap when we can swipe up from the screen to open the recent apps?
0 Likes
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
Just an extra route there for prople with small hands who like larger phones. I have no problem with it. Just an extra option
0 Likes
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
The swipe up is from the bottom of the screen, any hand size can reach it.
0 Likes
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
It is at the bottom where you swipe up however due to ergonomics and people's choices as well as which layout you set the phone to, I can assure you that it is not easy to access the further corner for people let's say under 5.5 ft or 167cm.
0 Likes