Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

App Icon Badge Notifications after Swiping Away

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 02:43 PM)
Cammymacl
Apprentice
Options
I still can't believe that there is another UI update and yet this "feature" still remains.

Please give users the option to keep app icon badge notifications after they have been swiped away from the notification centre. 
I don't want my notification centre clogged with a million notifications so I swipe them away, and then the app icon badges disappear making me completely forget to reply to a message or read an email. 

This is such a simple but highly important feature that all other OS use such as iOS, yet Samsung removed it years ago and refuse to give the option of choice, and it puts off LOTS of people from buying a Samsung phone. 

So please, let me keep my app icon badges so that I don't keep forgetting to reply to important messages later!
16 REPLIES 16
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
It was apparently a Google/Android change. Honestly one of the most frustrating changes.
my unread email count has just continuously increased since that changed - I used to swipe notifications away then use the badge number as a reminder, especially because it annoyed me seeing such a large number.
Now, without that number, I'm over a thousand unread emails 🤦‍♂️

It doesn't help that Samsung have screwed up the email app this year, and tapping one notification would clear all of them. They "fixed" that but now 50% of the time tapping an email notification will open the email app rather than the specific email, which then also clears all the notifications.
Samsung keep giving me more reasons to switch to OnePlus, and Android keeps giving me more reasons to want to go back to iOS.
Cammymacl
Apprentice
Options
Yes, exactly this! The email app gives you the option to have the badge number display the unread emails, yet if you don't have a new email notification, it'll show nothing.

It's such a shame that this is such a small thing but it's so useful. I have heard that it's an android issue, so it's a real draw towards iOS which I don't want to do because I truly do love one Ui and samsung phones.

Whomever the problem lies with, I hope they fix it as its one of those things all phones should have now!
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Cammymacl,

Thank you for your opinion and the suggestion. I'll make sure the suggestion goes to our development team! :smiling-face: Let's see if the option to keep app icon badge notifications, after they have been swiped away from the notification center, can be introduced! :smiling-face:

Cammymacl
Apprentice
Options
Brilliant! It's great to see the team take these suggestions on board!
0 Likes
Rockjonny
First Poster
Options

Please do! This has been driving me crazy since it was taken away in... 2017?? 

Mats4
Apprentice
Options

Hi MartynaK. Is there any update on this feature? Namely, allowing to keep app icon badge notifications, after they have been swiped away from the notification center. 

Hope it can be incorporated in a next update. 

Mats4
Apprentice
Options

@MartynaK 

0 Likes
Mats4
Apprentice
Options

I'm using a Galaxy S10 by the way, so I hope it can be incorporated for older models as well and not just for the S20 | S20+ | S20 Ultra

sivert
First Poster
Options

Any solution to this? I can't believe its not a super easy thing to fix!

0 Likes