Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

97Hz Display Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 29-10-2020 03:24 PM)
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
Totally do-able hardware wise. I have my S20+ set to 97Hz using a 3rd party App for months now. I'm enjoying smooth refresh rate with the added benefit of longer battery life. Samsung why not offer us all 3 refresh rate options 😀 The visual difference between 97Hz & 120Hz is hardly noticeable. 
5 REPLIES 5
Baridon
Voyager
Options
are we allowed to quote the app? please what app is that if I can be able to download it
0 Likes
Mikeeb83
Explorer
Options
it's strange they don't offer the 3 different refresh rates been using the app for months now look for S20 refresh rate control on XDA
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@NV_UK,

This suggestion has also been escalated to our development team! Thank you! 😉

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I'd like to be proven wrong, but my guess would be Samsung won't officially implement 96hz into the settings, because it would almost be admitting that 120hz gives a sub-par battery life experience, and that's not an image they'd want to have. 

They'll have left it available via adb/third party, so tinkerers can do it, without samsung having to acknowledge it. 

0 Likes
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
But they could implement it, such a 96Hz could be smooth mode, and 120Hz could be part of the enhanced performance mode, for gaming and the likes?