Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation gestures

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 06:12 PM)
neamul1122
Pioneer
Options
The navigation gestures need more optimising. It doesn't follow your finger like before and lags every once in a while. Everything else is smooth but the gestures for me.
12 REPLIES 12
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
Yep. For some reason the action of swiping up feels like it's treated like a button press, so nothing changes for a second, and then it does a very similar animation no matter how fast or which direction you swipe. Really going backwards here.
neamul1122
Pioneer
Options
Thank you, I genuinely thought it might have just been me experiencing the awful gesture. The animation itself is smooth but implementation is awful. There's such a big delay that anyone would notice it
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
Wait what are you both on about? There isn't anything wrong with the navigation gestures. I have zero issues swiping from both edges if screen to go back and no issues bring up recents either
0 Likes
neamul1122
Pioneer
Options
For me it feels like there's a delay before it swipes back to home. Of course I know it's a beta and there's definitely fixes coming but I just wanted to let them know
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I also don't have issues with gestures.
I guess different people seem to have different issues with this beta.
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @neamul1122 ,

That seems to be a bug 😥 Have you tried solving this by wiping cache partition?

You can do it through the Recovery mode. Turn off your device > Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger) > Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears > Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until the device turns on > Recovery menu should appear > from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).

If that doesn't help, please report this issue via Samsung Members app so that the developers can take a look at what may be the cause 😉

Have a good day!

Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
The only explanation I can think of is that no animation occurs for a small delay, and after that delay, if you finger is still in contact it tries to catch up with your finger to open recents, and if it isn't it goes home. If that is the case, it's a lazy and janky feeling implementation.
0 Likes
ArjuRed10123
Journeyman
Options
I've also got this issue. I just raised it in the feedback area
neamul1122
Pioneer
Options
Yep exactly my issue. Super weird implementation, It should be fixed next beta update
0 Likes