Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings Energy: No data

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 11:16 PM)
kb117
Explorer
Options
Set up SmartThings Energy with Chameleon Technology successfully. Data for Electricity usage appeared ok after 24 hours, thought everything was working as it should. However, after 10 days it just stopped and now does not update at all. Hoping it was just a hiccup I've not tried changing anything but after 2 weeks still no joy. Any suggestions on how to move forward or who to contact?
#smartmeter #smartthingsenergy #chameleon
20 REPLIES 20
kb117
Explorer
Options
Thank you Danny. I'll keep that in mind if there are still issues after a re-registration. Don't want to give up yet!
0 Likes
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

I have decided to give it one more go too, setup again this evening. No data coming through yet. I will feed back my experience here.

Unfortunately setting up again means loosing historical data in Smartthings

kb117
Explorer
Options
OK! Wrestling with the same thing now and waiting to see what happens when it settles down again. I'll update here in due course. Good luck!
0 Likes
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

After 7 days of data coming in it has stopped again.

I will email the support as suggested, hopefully this will help Samsung and chameleon work out the issue if they don't know already.

SmartSelect_20221001_231746_SmartThings.jpg

kb117
Explorer
Options
Hi Kens96, thanks for the update.
I'm in the same position - worked ok for a week and then just stopped again 'no data'.
I've got this hunch that the problem may be the source of the raw data. To test this idea I've put SmartThings Energy to one side for now and yesterday signed up with Loop Energy. Got an email this morning to say they they have connected to the smart meter and I should be able to use their app. Sure enough, 97 days of historical data is available (had smart meter replaced at the end of June to get SMETS2 so that's probably why there is only 3 months available.)
All looking good for now, but time will tell! I'll update here in next 2-3 weeks to report how things go. Will be interested to hear what the support team has to say about ST Energy/Chameleon.
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

I thought I would give a quick update. I raised a ticket with Samsung support and they said it was a problem for Chameleon to look at and I should contact them and gave a number to call (no email or web ticketing system). I called them up and a very helpful person said they don't normally deal directly with customers but said they would look into it. Shortly after this with no communication from Chameleon the data started flowing again. It has been working now for another week.

So it would appear the issue is indeed data collection on the Chameleon side. I see a lag of a day or so visible in my second screenshot.

Will continue to monitor and contact Chameleon if (when :smiling-face: it stops again.

Screenshot_20221015_102154.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_101603.jpg

kb117
Explorer
Options
Really useful update; thanks.
So it seems that Chameleon obtain the data from DCC on behalf of SmartThings Energy and relay it, ultimately ending up on our Samsung device. But if there's a problem, ST Energy refers you to Chameleon, who don't deal with end users. Not a very satisfactory set up from our point of view. But at least we now know (I think) it's not an inherent problem within SmartThings Energy app or the device itself.

My experience with Loop Energy so far is good. 13 days of Electricity data without a hitch, with Gas there have been several days with what they call 'partial data' but I read that DCC were having problems themselves with their network so I'm assuming that is the reason for incomplete info.
Loop are more geared to promoting Solar energy so the look and feel of the app is rather different to SmartThings, but at least it works and so far it looks reliable. Time will tell!
Anything else useful that I discover I'll update here, and will continue to monitor to confirm the app updates as it should.

(Screenshot of this week's Gas data to show glitches)
0 Likes
kb117
Explorer
Options
(pic)Screenshot_20221015-172311_Loop Energy_1000000073_1665851037.jpg
0 Likes
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

Following on from my post 4 weeks ago the data continues to flow into Smartthings perfectly. No idea what Chameleon did to resolve it but now I have well over a months data without any issues. 🙂

kb117
Explorer
Options
Well, that's interesting. Your direct contact with Chameleon seems to have resolved the issue.
I haven't totally abandoned SmartThings Energy but for now am happy with the data that shows in Loop (currently 138 days and counting) and the Ivie app linked to an Ivie Bud.

Might revisit SmartThings in the future when I feel brave enough.
0 Likes