Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings Energy: No data

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 07:23 AM)
kb117
Explorer
Options
Set up SmartThings Energy with Chameleon Technology successfully. Data for Electricity usage appeared ok after 24 hours, thought everything was working as it should. However, after 10 days it just stopped and now does not update at all. Hoping it was just a hiccup I've not tried changing anything but after 2 weeks still no joy. Any suggestions on how to move forward or who to contact?
#smartmeter #smartthingsenergy #chameleon
20 REPLIES 20
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Mines never shown any data , waste of time .....
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
kb117
Explorer
Options
Fair comment, beginning to share that view. Problem is the number of different players involved in getting data from the smart meter itself to your device.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Doesn't read my gas meter either ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
kb117
Explorer
Options
Ditto. Was only getting Electricity data in the first place.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have a look at app permissions.
Could also have gone to sleep if you didn't open it for a while.
kb117
Explorer
Options
Thanks, I'll make sure permissions look correct.
Don't think it would have gone to sleep, as being something of a novelty it gets checked several times a day.
0 Likes
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

This is exactly the same for me, it was working perfectly for a while then just stopped. I removed and setup again and after a few weeks same thing happened again. I don't plan to set it up a third time....

kb117
Explorer
Options
That's interesting, thanks for sharing your own experience. I'll give it one go at setting up again but won't be surprised if it stops once more. Disappointing as the concept is good, if only it worked...
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

If you do still encounter issues then we have a team that is dedicated to helping out with this. Email them here: support@smartthings.co.uk

Welcome to the Community!