Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S60B Soundbar and Alexa

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 06:25 PM)
DenbyEsq
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I've just bought a Samsung S60B Soundbar, which sounds great however I'm struggling to get Alexa to work on there.

The soundbar is connected in SmartThings, and added to the Alexa app, as well as the SmartThings and Samsung Wireless Audio skills added in Alexa... however, the mic doesn't respond to any commands. What is going wrong here?

I have disconnected and reconnected the device on both apps but no change.

The only simular post I could find was an Italian one (link here) which seemed to suggest that in order for Alexa to work on this Soundbar, it needs to use an exisitng Echo's mic... is this correct? That would suggest Alexa is not built in...

Any help would be appreciated! I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the setup, or the mic is faulty on the soundbar.

Thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
Chiprider
First Poster
Options

Hello. Did you resolve this? I think I have the same issue.

0 Likes
orbital99
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I also have the same issues. Samsung are replacing with a new HW-S60B. But I'm going back to the shop if you didn't get sorted!
0 Likes
Piiwiiworld
First Poster
Options
Hi, did you get it replaced and does it work now? Thanks
0 Likes
orbital99
Apprentice
Options
Hi, yes Samsung replaced with a new one. It connected to Alexa, then after about 10 minutes disconnected itself, but now seems to be working fine. I have separated my WiFi into 2.4ghz and 5ghz signals, and connected everything to the 5ghz, as the WiFi analyser app I downloaded was showing lots of overlap with other 2.4ghz signals in the area, no idea if this has anything to do with it, but we shall see. I'm still suspect there was nothing wrong with Samsung's hardware, otherwise there would be way more than a few people with problems.
afsawaf
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue right here. No matter how much I unlinked and relinked the soundbar to Smarthings and Alexa.

I'm located in New Zealand and I have no issue with my other Alexa echo devices.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Likes
orbital99
Apprentice
Options
Hi Ahmed, try calling Amazon and see what they can do. Mine is still working now, though cuts out occasionally. Hasn't lost connection though.
afsawaf
Student
Options

Thanks @orbital99 

I did open a ticket at Samsung NZ. Hope they can help.

0 Likes