Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa not working on HW-S60B

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 08:10 PM)
orbital99
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I bought an HW-S60B over a month ago, struggled to get Alexa to work but finally managed it a couple weeks ago. However, after a couple of weeks working perfectly, Alexa no will not respond. Microphone is turned on. I have reset wifi, unlinked and relinked skills. Unisintalled and reinstalled both Alexa and Smartthings apps. Done a full hard reset on the soundbar (several actually). I have even taken the soundbar around to my brother's house, linked it (after a reset) to his wifi, and used his device and accounts to link to Alexa, still it is unresponsive. I am struggling to belive this is a hardward problem as something that works for 2 weeks and then stops you would think would be something to do with the apps speaking to each other, however I can't find anyone else having the same issue as me so assume it must be hardware....again the micropone is on! I have tried eveything I can think of, but any suggestions before I call Samsung support next week would be appreciated, thanks. Can't believe it is hardware.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
There are one or two people mentioning issues with there Alexa on here about three months ago all have the same model soundbar. So I don't think it's just you with the problem.
0 Likes
orbital99
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Samsung is replacing with a new HW-S60B, but I'm not exactly confident now. I'll try searching the forum to see if I can find the posts you mention.
0 Likes
Piiwiiworld
First Poster
Options
Did you get a replacement and does it work now?
0 Likes